Ethical Trading Policy
To define the guiding principles for Independant Toiletries Ltd t/a Poppypac in the conduct of its activities. ThisPolicy is intended to be indicative of the minimum requirements for behaviour and is based on the principles setdown in the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code and Modern Slavery Act. The company therefore makes thefollowing commitments;
- Employment is freely chosen
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour shall not be used (defined as under 16 years old)
- Living wages are paid
- Working hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practiced
- Regular employment is provided
- No harsh or inhuman treatment is allowed
Poppypac’s Commitments to its Stakeholders
- To be a responsible partner in society, acting with integrity towards its customers, employees, suppliers,
competitors and the community in which it operates.
- To act fairly and responsibly and to continuously assess its interests and those persons or organisations
with whom it interacts to ensure a healthy long-term relationship with them.
- To monitor and develop compliance throughout our supply chain and encourage others in it to commit to
the principles of the ETI base code and the Modern Slavery Act.
- To work with any suppliers found to be breaching the code or Act to resolve the issues and thereby
improving the working conditions of the staff involved.
- To support the principle of fair competition as a basis for conducting business and observe applicable
competition laws and legislative regulations.
Poppypac’s Commitments to its Employees:
- To value our employees as a key resource.
- To foster an atmosphere of good employee communication, involvement and responsibility.
- To encourage the personal development and optimum use of all employee’s talents.
- To give every employee or potential employee an equal opportunity for personal recognition and career
development, regardless of personal background or belief.
- To not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
Poppypac considers it essential that all employees and suppliers understand and comply with the Ethical BusinessPolicy in order to foster collective responsibility towards society in achieving the organisation’s corporateobjectives. Due observance of and compliance with the Ethical Business Policy by all Poppypac Employees ismandatory.